Non-toxic, odorless, low density, strength, stiffness, hardness and heat resistance are better than low pressure polyethylene, can be used at about 100 ℃. It has good dielectric properties and high-frequency insulation and is not affected by humidity, but becomes brittle at low temperatures, is not abrasion-resistant, and easily ages. Suitable for making general mechanical parts, corrosion-resistant parts and insulating parts. Common organic solvents such as acids and alkalis have little effect on it and can be used in utensils.
Polypropylene has many excellent properties:
1. Relative density is only 0.89-0.91, which is one of the lightest varieties in plastics.
2, good mechanical properties, in addition to impact resistance, other mechanical properties are better than polyethylene, molding and processing performance is better.
3. It has high heat resistance, and the continuous use temperature can reach 110-120 ℃.
4, good chemical properties, almost no water absorption, and does not react with most chemicals.
5, pure texture, non-toxic.
6. Good electrical insulation.
7. The transparency of polypropylene products is better than that of high-density polyethylene products.
It has many advantages but also disadvantages:
1. The product has poor cold resistance and low temperature impact strength.
2. The product is susceptible to aging in the use of light, heat and oxygen during use.
3. Poor coloring.
4, easy to burn.
5. Poor toughness, high static electricity, poor dyeability, printability and adhesion.